|DATE OF BIRTH||October 1985|
|VIEW CODY'S DART RANGE HERE|
What it means to be a Shot Pro Player
"Becoming a Shot Player reflects my hard work and determination. It shows that I am being recognised for my achievements in darts. Being part of the Shot Team enables me to continue to do what I love doing and play and promote darts both in New Zealand and internationally." ... Cody Harris
When did you start playing darts?
Cody was approximately 8 years old when he first threw a dart at a board. Cody entered and then won the A grade Championships for Auckland Darts Association at the age of 9 and then went on to register for NZDC to participate in the Nationals at the age of 13.
It was inevitable Cody would get into darts as he grew up around darts. Cody's Dad ran the ACDC Dart Club so Cody spent a lot watching his Parents, Aunties, Uncles, Cousins and close friends play regularly. The turning point was when Eric Bristow was in New Zealand for the World Cup and Cody's Dad had the opportunity to play him at one of the local tournaments and he beat him! From there Cody just wanted more.
Cody is the first New Zealander to compete full-time on PDC circuit, since basing himself in England at the start of 2018. Has yet to win PDC Tour Card but has won two Challenge Tour events (May 2018 and July 2019).
Reached semi-finals of a Players Championship in Germany on Sunday August 4 - his best run in a senior PDC event.
Highest Darting Achievements
- 2020 World Cup of Darts - Team New Zealand
- PDPA Players Championship Germany 22- Semi Final
- 2019 World Cup of Darts - Team New Zealand reached quarter-finals with wins over Lithuania & South Africa along with Haupai Puha
- PDC Challenge Tour 9 England - Winner
- 2019 Scottish Open - Finalist
- 2018 World Championships Qualifier
- Auckland Darts Masters 2018 Qualifier
- Melbourne Darts Masters Qualifier 2017
- Auckland Darts Masters Wildcard 2017
- Winner NZ Puma Open 2016
- NZDC John McCormick Memorial Mens Singles' Champion 2016
- NZDC Mixed Pairs Winners 2016 with Tina Osborne
- Representing New Zealand in the World Cup in Frankfurt Germany 2-5th June 2016
- NZ Open Singles 2015
- Sydney Masters Qualifiers 2015
- Winmau World Masters 2015 – Last 32
Any other points of interest?
"My routine before a tournament and one I would like to share is “Breathe and Relax” I believe what is about to happen is going to happen and I am happy with whatever the outcome will be"... Cody Harris
"Every dart counts and they don’t count when they fall out of the board, my tip would be to “Ruff your Darts” before your game starts."